Okay, I am back. Online shopping proved be a lot more time consuming than I initially anticipated! I recruited Brittany (my trusty assistant) to make these boards for your viewing pleasure! We tried to stick with stuff that was affordable and easy to find online. Of course, there are tons of designer brands we love but these old faithfuls work just as well.
• Baby Girls- I tend to like one piece rompers. Here are my reasons….1. They cover the diaper 2. They do not ride up 3. I like fat baby legs
1. Old Navy 2. Pink Chicken 3. Old navy 4. Gap 5. Old Navy 6. Gap
•Baby Boys- I am at a loss. Really. I like baby boys in little shorts with no shirt. I like baby boys in the same styles as big boys, but I know I am in the minority, especially in this southern part of the world. So dress him how you like but I may ask “wanna do some with out clothes?!” In which case, you may want to have a diaper cover on hand. And a little hat goes a long way!
• Big Girls- This is by far the most widely designed category for little people! Keep it easy, solid and small patterns. I tend to prefer a flowy dress over a straight dress, girls do like to twirl you know. If your girl is not a dress girl, then pair a cute flowy top with some fitted shorts or capris. Be sure dresses and shorts are not too short, be sure spaghetti straps are not going to keep sliding off, and be sure your girl likes what she is wearing. Girls care and their attitude about taking pics can have a lot to do with how they think they look!
1. Crew Cuts 2. Pink Chicken 3. Crew Cuts 4. Mini Boden/Gap 5. Tea Collection 6. Gap
• Big Boys- Bigger boys are a whole lot easier than baby boys for me to dress. Here is the breakdown: Try to stay away from cargo shorts with messy pockets unless you like to do some tricky ironing. And speaking of ironing. Please iron. Please. Even if you never ever iron again. When it comes to shirts, I tend to prefer cotton and/or linen button down style shirts over “polo” shirts. That is just my weird preference. I realize many people love polos and if you do, then go with it but maybe think about finding one with a smaller weave and a little pizzaz to it! If you are going to do a graphic crewcuts style shirt, I really prefer long sleeves over short….These are all blue, not a rule, but it seems to work well!
Gap. Crew Cuts. Old Navy. Mini Boden
Moms- Wear something you think you look cute in. Wear something comfortable. Wear something you would buy even if it was not for a photo shoot. Do not wear white. Wear a color. Wear a black top with 3/4 length sleeves. Wear a fun flowy sundress. Wear the same amount of makeup you normally would. Wear your hair the same way you always do. If you are weird about your arms like me than please wear sleeves! I think the moral of the story is Be yourself. Be normal! 🙂
Dads- Same as mom and boys! Dads should not be made to wear anything they do not want to wear. They need to be able to run, jump and throw. Dads are more emotional about pics then 7 year old girls. Tread lightly!!
For those of you with more photo/camera related questions, please read this interview I did with Darby a while back. It has some good info and lots of links!