December3rd

Hello friends!

green

I want to first tell y’all that you make me laugh, you encourage me, and really I’d like to spend some time with each of you because I think you’re all super cool.

Sometimes I assume you’ve been around since the very beginning of this blog. But back then no one was around besides me, Mom, DaddyBoy & MommaSis. Because I thought you’ve all been around forever I figured you knew I made the star garland but bought the stockings from Pottery Barn Kids {post-Christmas sale in 2006}.  The star garland was way easy. I just made a star pattern and cut stars from fabric scraps, used fusible fleece between the two layers, used a straight stitch to sew the layers together, and used my pinking shears around the edges. At the top of each star I made a button hole and strung the stars on twine. The stars are hung on an old door that we have above our fireplace. We are mantel-less but had the door in the garage. In fact, it used to be our headboard when we were first married.

Yesterday it rained.

For the majority of my childhood I lived in areas of our country that get snow days when it snows. We don’t get snow here but we get rain and when it’s forecasted to rain hard they cancel school. Which is just fine by me. We love preschool but we also love not going to preschool!

paint

We also like to create enormous messes while making masterpieces.
finished

Thank you, Mom for the circa 1991 box of printer paper… we’ve just barely put a dent in it!

We also did a little baking and decorating and I’m still trying to decide if I should tell you how many cookies I ate… or not.

sprinkles

Then I made Cinnamon Honey Butter!

And I’m going to make a very bold statement about it… if you use any recipe from this blog let it be this ONE! I’m making it for my neighbors, pastors, friends and I feel certain that I’m going to have to make it for everyone I know because it’s so incredibly tasty I wouldn’t want anyone to be left out.

Besides the fact that it tastes REALLY GOOD it’s also REALLY EASY.

You’ll need:

2 sticks of butter at room temp

butter

1 cup of powdered sugar

powderedsugar

1 cup of honey

honey

2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon

cinnamon

I used the whisk attachment for my mixer and whipped the butter {make sure it’s soft and room temp}. I added to it the powdered sugar, then the honey, then the cinnamon. Whip it good. Scrape the sides. Whip it again.
cinhoneybutter

Then spoon it into your precious little 4 oz jars {I found ‘em at Wally World}. If you can’t find the small ones, your friends and neighbors would be more than happy to receive a larger jar of it! The measurements above yielded 6 small jars.

jars

You can doll them up with a fabric scrap and tag!
jar
tagandjar
The fabulous tags are by pixelimpress {a sponsor with a great deal}!
tags

I put my jars in the frige but it spreads easier at room temp! You can eat it by the spoonful or serve it on English muffins, bagels, biscuits, rolls, or toast… or sweet potatoes… or oatmeal! Really it’s quite diverse. I can’t decide if it needs a warning along the lines of “may cause excessive consumption of carbohydrates”! Because in the last 36 hours I’ve eaten about 47 biscuits, 32 rolls, 6 slices of toast… and anything else I can spread it on!

And last but not least…

When you were a kid did you used to fake sprain your ankle or wrist so you could wrap it in an ace bandage? Or wear fake glasses? I must have “sprained” my wrist 10 times between the ages of 8 and 11. Well, I haven’t sprained anything but I have had a little drama trauma to my tricep and I have absolutely milked it for all it’s worth and it would really be a shame if I didn’t show it to you. Please pray for my husband… he’s really handling it much better than I thought he would.

ouch2

Merry Christmas! Please make some Cinnamon Honey Butter! Or come over and I’ll toast you up an English muffin and serve you some!

RECIPE SOURCE: HERE

• Comment by Lynn — December 3, 2009 @ 9:03 pm

Oooh, this is so weird – I made cinnamon butter for the very first time last night! I made it from heavy cream ’cause I had some extra in the fridge. And for some reason, it seemed like a good idea to use the “shake it til your arm falls off” method instead of using my mixer. I kid you not, both of my arms were sore all day today!

• Comment by rebecca — December 3, 2009 @ 9:10 pm

Nuts! I just got my skinny jeans to fit right….guess i’ll have to pull out the ‘fat pants’ if i’m going to make this…looks nummy.

thanks for sharing darby…i’m always inspired when i stop by your site!

cheers and happy holidays!!

• Comment by Tonia — December 3, 2009 @ 9:29 pm

Thank you for the recipe! I have been needing something yummy for my friends and neighbors. It looks wonderful!

• Comment by mandy — December 3, 2009 @ 9:42 pm

Well, I’ll certainly be trying that…In about 5 minutes! Yumm-O! Enjoying your blog so much! I’m also planning to make your buttermilk pies asap! Merry Christmas!

• Comment by Ashley — December 3, 2009 @ 9:51 pm

THANKYOU for posting this recipe!! I’ve been stumped as to what to give my kid’s nursery workers at church and this is the PERFECT idea!!! Can’t wait to try it!

• Comment by pam — December 3, 2009 @ 9:54 pm

oh, soooo glad you found a use for the tags! love them with the red polka dot fabric. i’m gonna have to try that butter. like maybe right now. pam

• Comment by joy — December 3, 2009 @ 9:59 pm

Darby, I’m definitely going to try this although I’ve been meaning to do the pumpkin butter too! Thanks for sharing!

• Comment by Anne W — December 3, 2009 @ 10:10 pm

Darby, it is a joy to read your blog. Your sweet spirit shines right through and I just feel like I know you. Thanks so much for sharing your days with us!

• Comment by Ashley M. — December 3, 2009 @ 10:17 pm

Thank you so so so much for posting that recipe for the Cinnamon Honey Butter! My co-workers and I eat at a restaurant that serves this with hot rolls and we LOVE it! I plan on making some and giving it to them for Christmas! Thank you for all the recipes and ideas you share! ~ Ashley

• Comment by bonnie — December 3, 2009 @ 10:22 pm

Nope, never pretended a sprain nor did I wear fake glasses. However, I never liked having perfect teeth, or seeing perfect teeth (still don’t) so I used to sit for hours and push my two front teeth with my thumb so they’d stick out a little. Also tried to figure out how to make a gap in my two front teeth. Alas, neither worked. I am going to make that honey butter next week!

• Comment by Angel/TaDa! Creations — December 3, 2009 @ 10:28 pm

Oh that butter looks so yummy. I never would have thought to put powdered sugar in it. Thanks for the great idea! I will definitely be making this, and what a cute little gift it makes. I bet it would be wonderful with maple syrup or just maple flavoring in it too.

• Comment by Emilie — December 3, 2009 @ 10:31 pm

This was a fun post! It sounded like a good mood just coming on through the computer screen! I guess that is what lots of sugar and yummy carbs do to a girl : ) Yay for Christmas time!

• Comment by Jacci — December 3, 2009 @ 10:31 pm

Wow – that sounds amazingly good. And I’d totally love it if you guys came over to hang out. Sam and Justin could drink Guiness and talk doctrine and we could “talk fabric” and have general sinster0in0the-Lord fellowship while all seven of our collective children made a BIG mess in the kitchen. Preferably your kitchen :)

But I guess I’ll just have to settle for reading your blog. I love it. Have a great weekend!

Jacci in Ohio

• Comment by Katie — December 3, 2009 @ 10:34 pm

Oh my gosh! We all used to color on printer paper at our grandmother’s house! Love that. The cinnamon honey butter sounds deeeelish!

• Comment by Elaine — December 3, 2009 @ 10:34 pm

YUM!!!!
    and
    OUCH!!!

I am totally making this for Christmas yummies!
    They also have cute mason jars at Club Pub :)

• Comment by Beth — December 3, 2009 @ 10:34 pm

Fabulous! I will be making some cinnamon honey butter it sounds fabulous! I will be making lots of this to hand out this year. I think everyone needs a change from their usual batch of spice teat I make every year.
    There is another household favorite around here that came from your blog. The cinniminis, or “mommy’s famous breakfast” as it is known around here. Although, I owe that credit to you. My three girls adore the cinniminis and beg me to make them at least once a week.

• Comment by Brittan — December 3, 2009 @ 10:44 pm

I will make it tomorrow! Love new recipes:) So sorry about your bruise, that looks really sore-

• Comment by taylor — December 3, 2009 @ 10:46 pm

totally used to fake sprain my wrist. i think i even got a velcro-on cast for it once!

[and i guess i am one of the few that's been around for a while--i certainly remember last years stars. and i thought about you today when i came home to a pot burning dry on the stove. except i was not dry boiling paci's--my mulling spices had boiled dry. i knew it by the smell when i walked in the door...]

• Comment by Tanya — December 3, 2009 @ 11:24 pm

I made honey butter for Thanksgiving and raved and raved about only to find that my husband (he knows better!) and myself were the only ones who tried it. What the heck?! What was wrong w/these people? I will definetly be trying your recipe next time — it looks DIVINE. :)

• Comment by Talysa — December 3, 2009 @ 11:29 pm

Oh dear…I’m afraid I may gain 6 pounds just for looking at that! But I also think you may have just given me the PERFECT idea for gifts this year! I’ve been baking the “same ol’same ol’” for years now and I was looking for a new idea…especially since I see people run when I come at them with my coconut and peanut butter balls screaming “not again!!!” ;-)

Thanks for the info on the garland…and you will not believe it…or at least I still can’t since it is almost miraculous for me to be crafty with what I’ve got. Or crafty at all for that matter…anyhoo, I’ve had an antique dresser in our homeschool room for a couple of years now that I store craft goodies in for school. It’s the kind that has a decorative mirror that attaches to the back. I’ve had the mirror on the floor behind the dresser hidden as to not look so much like a dresser…in a school room…if you know what i mean. After reading your blog and The Nesters it hit me like a sweet piece of manna from heaven yesterday that I could SOOOOO put that decorative antique mirror above my mantle for Christmas! So I propped it up there and it’s gawgeous if I do say so myself…and I just did. Thanks for being so inspiring…now if only I had a spare door laying around in my garage….oh, and those PB stockings too! ;-)

• Comment by Laura — December 4, 2009 @ 12:14 am

Darby, this cinnamon honey butter recipe sounds delicious! I was wondering, would this be something I could can? I am assuming no b/c of the butter, but I know you are an expert on the subject, so thought I would check. Thanks for always sharing such wonderful ideas. Laura F.

• Comment by Kristen — December 4, 2009 @ 12:59 am

Thanks for the recipe! I think I will make it for my mom for part of her Christmas present since she loves cinnamon so much and since Christmas is right before she moves she does not want a lot of stuff or “more to pack” as she says. Thank you so much!

• Comment by andi — December 4, 2009 @ 1:22 am

Uh, yea. I’ll be by for crumpets or muffins. English will do. Rock on little gal! Love the tags. I am going to post a FABULOUS recipe for some spoon rolls that I bet would shine with some of that butter! I better hurry and get it up or you will have eaten all of your butter. LOL!
    See you tomorrow night-

• Comment by Sarah — December 4, 2009 @ 4:13 am

what a great gift idea. thanks for sharing. sorry about your bruise, i too am a bit clumsy and seem to always get one here and there.

• Comment by kendall boggs — December 4, 2009 @ 5:50 am

you are hilarious!!! ouch! Love the “butter cups” and the tag. Really, really cute!

• Comment by kendall boggs — December 4, 2009 @ 5:55 am

Sorry I forgot to say hope your arm feels better. It looks like it really hurts!

• Comment by edie — December 4, 2009 @ 6:29 am

Oh yes, I was the queen of fake glasses. And my daughter has gone through nearly an entire box of coban (self adhesive ace wrap) that I brought home when I quit work. I nurture fake injuries all the time! Now for the butter. Just simply divine. And because I’m southern and have about 5-6 pounds of butter on hand, I think I’ll make biscuits and cinnamon butter this morning. Thanks for the recipe. I also found the coolest ‘vintage’ 12 days of Christmas cookie cutters so we may just have to make cookies too. Oh how I wish we lived closer!
    Sorry ’bout your bruise. That’s a bad one. I’ve got a getting-larger-by-the-minute ganglion cyst in my right 1st metacarpal joint—-and I talk nonstop about it and make various family members feel it all the time. At present, I can’t open anything with a screw-top. I may have to seek medical attention. Or maybe I’ll just wrap is snugly in Emme’s coban!

• Comment by alison g. (brazil) — December 4, 2009 @ 7:26 am

Looks like the butter is a must-try. Darling, packaging, too!! Sorry ’bout your boo-boo, but definitely think it’s worth a little milking! Please pray for us as we set flight tonight for Texas – there’s a chance for ice/snow around our arrival time – in Houston? Good grief! ;)

• Comment by Tara — December 4, 2009 @ 7:51 am

That’s it. I’m coming over for some butter and carbs. You’ve got me starving now! Thanks!

• Comment by Chris — December 4, 2009 @ 7:56 am

Ouch! that is quite a bruise , I had the worst one from somekind of project incident , fell right on my rump , it was a sight too see , I feel your pain , I should start a bruise journal .

I love the butter idea , I am gonna make that for sure….awesome.
    Feel better soon…
    Chris

• Comment by Mandy Norris — December 4, 2009 @ 7:59 am

Can’t wait to make the butter!!! I have been around that long so I knew where all of the cute things came from!!! So cute and the holidays are so fun! Thanks for sharing!!! Have a great weekend! Mandy

• Comment by Lindsey — December 4, 2009 @ 8:01 am

BLOGS: the Pros and the CONS – yes there are a few. Pros – you get to find out how to do great projects, meet new people (even if you never really talk to them – i feel like I semi know you by now), and the CONS – there are now 4 different “projects” I wan’t to do for Christmas – NOW WHAT? Thanks for the Honey Butter Recipe, love it and am going to add that to my craft list of things to make. Thinking I will turn my presents into a “care package” of sorts :)and don’t worry, when I get a bruise or anything that “hurts” for the matter I milk to too :)

• Comment by Susan Hood — December 4, 2009 @ 8:13 am

This recipe looks amazing! Thank you! I’ve been looking for a small gift for friends, and I believe I’ve found it!

Hope your arm feels better–wait until it turns golden shades along with the purple!! I feel your pain!!

Hugs!
    Susan

• Comment by Scattering Lupines — December 4, 2009 @ 8:25 am

YUM! And THANK YOU so much for the jar source! I will need to order those.

• Comment by Blue Hydrangea — December 4, 2009 @ 8:34 am

If that bruise isn’t a reason to stop housework I don’t know what is!! It’s funny because I just got a giant bruise on the inside of my leg from the same thing, cleaning and it is amazing how big and ugly it is and yes, I too have milked it. If you’ve got it, milk it!!

• Comment by Kendra — December 4, 2009 @ 8:39 am

Looks delicious! Can’t wait to try it.

• Comment by lauren t — December 4, 2009 @ 8:46 am

So did you make retainers out of paperclips?? …I pulled that one many a times. Thanks for the yummy butter and cute idea! Love the tags!

• Comment by Ruth — December 4, 2009 @ 8:52 am

Darby,
    I just want to say you are too cute!
    I can’t wait to make the cinnamon honey butter this weekend…Yummy!

• Comment by Shireen — December 4, 2009 @ 9:01 am

I’d like to COME OVER for some cinnamon honey butter!

I love the way you can write on your picture! How do you do that?

• Comment by Konie Bryant — December 4, 2009 @ 9:05 am

Yummy cinnamon butter recipe!! That will definitely be a treat for my family…..and friends too:) I love love love your blog!

• Comment by beki — December 4, 2009 @ 9:08 am

Darby, you’re so cute! I think I will give that recipe a try :-)

• Comment by Rachel Ridd — December 4, 2009 @ 9:14 am

The recipe does look delish! I am going to make some for sure. I love sweet potatoes and this is the perfect compliment. One question, how long does it keep?

• Comment by Sherry — December 4, 2009 @ 9:28 am

Thanks for the recipe. I am SOO making these! I can hardly wait!
    Hope your bruise heals fast.

• Comment by katy — December 4, 2009 @ 9:39 am

HA! The bruise picture completely cracks me up. I have also posted a picture of a bruise on my blog (back in 2006). :) People need to know!

• Comment by Katherine @ Grass Stains — December 4, 2009 @ 9:43 am

OUCH! And you are TOTALLY justified in seeking familial and Internet sympathy. Milk it, lady! That is a very impressive bruise.

I’m glad to hear it wasn’t a result of making the cinnamon honey butter, because that might have caused me to think twice about making it. As it is, though, WATCH OUT BUTTER. HERE I COME.

• Comment by mommasissy — December 4, 2009 @ 9:49 am

You are hilarious. I am so sorry about your bruise. WHY didn’t you tell me about it yesterday? I could have sent you flowers. I hope you save a honey butter for me. I might make this for neighbors. Although I always talk about gifts for neighbors then I never find the time to make them. Maybe I’ll turn over a new leaf this year. I love you, your cookies, your bruise,your children, your childrens art work, your butter, and YOU.

• Comment by Angela — December 4, 2009 @ 10:07 am

Happy Friday! Reading this just made me smile b/c your happiness came right through the computer. Thank you – I needed it this morning. It is a cold, blustery day in Chicago. The recipe sounds delicious and easy, which is a must for me.

• Comment by Alison — December 4, 2009 @ 10:07 am

Darby,
    I have been reading your blog for a while now, but this is my first time to comment. I too am an Auburn graduate; 2001 to be exact. I think I have made most of your recipes listed, and of course, they are all fabulous. I can’t wait to make the cinnamon honey butter! Thank you for allowing “us” into your life each day. Your children are beautiful, and you are incredibly talented.
    Since you leave us with so many great recipes, I only find it fair to leave you with one in return.
    Zucchini Appetizer
    3 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
    1 cup Bisquik baking mix
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    1/2 parmesan cheese grated
    2 tablespoons dried parsley
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1 clove garlic, chopped
    1/2 cup vegtable oil
    4 eggs beaten
    In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except zucchini. Use electric mixer on low until moistened. Add zucchini and stir until covered by mix. Spread evenly into 9″ X 12″ greased baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely. Cut into pieces.
    Enjoy!!! Great for the holidays!

• Comment by Melissa — December 4, 2009 @ 10:09 am

Love it! All of it! Well, except the bruise of course! That looks painful! You are so inspiring….the way you let your kids have fun and make a mess and do multiple “fun” projects in the same day. You are a fantastic mom!

• Comment by Abby Maddox — December 4, 2009 @ 10:52 am

This post has a little touch of just about everything that makes me check your blog 4,000times/day :) Does it still count as stalking if I know you???

• Comment by Katie — December 4, 2009 @ 11:01 am

oh darbs – the bruise makes me love you even more…I even have a matching one…except mine is on my hip. ok. ok. both hips. I guess I am thicker than I thought :)

xo – k

p.s. Please share all future bruises…for some odd reason, the discoloration makes me happy :)

• Comment by Carly Winborne — December 4, 2009 @ 11:04 am

I feel so honored that when you posted that photo of your star garland, I thought to myself, “Ah, I remember when she talked about making that in the past.” And now I realize I’m one of your long-term readers/stalkers/fans/wannabee friends.

I literally just returned from Walmart while my kids are at preschool and do not have the ingredients for this butter, which might be a good thing. I would absolutely be whipping it up instead of typing this comment if I could. Maybe one day this weekend. Thanks for sharing. (Speaking of recipes, your mini cinnamon rolls are a regular treat around our house and I can’t tell you how many fudge pies I’ve made. Ha!!)

Last thing – I’m not your only reader in my household. My four-year-old asks to “check on Morgan” about 3 or 4 times a week. I showed her your post on Morgan’s haircut and the first day of school and now she’s a loyal fan! I think she really, really wanted to come to the birthday party tea party.

Hope you enjoy a delightful Friday.

• Comment by Dana Roberts Chaffee — December 4, 2009 @ 11:14 am

You’re hilarious! The bruise bit cracked me up. I milk any and all injuries as long as I can.

• Comment by Meredith — December 4, 2009 @ 11:15 am

oh darby you crack me up!! you sound just like me about your bruise. my husband feels for your husband! ha! thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful ideas with us. i absolutely cannot wait to try out the cinnamon butter! YUMMY!! hope y’all have a wonderful weekend!! happy friday!

• Comment by Nathalie (Canada) — December 4, 2009 @ 11:15 am

Darby, your recipe looks and sounds so irresistible, I may just have to make it this weekend. Your blog is always such a blessing and inspiration to read. I hope you feel better soon, that bruise looks so painful. Have a great weekend & merry christmas!!

• Comment by Christina — December 4, 2009 @ 11:15 am

Thanks for posting the recipe. I’ll be making some for friends & family. Hope your bruise heals quickly. I’m clumsy & have no idea how I acquired some of my bruises. I also remember faking sprains as a child :)

• Comment by Stephanie — December 4, 2009 @ 11:22 am

Darby – I am one of your fans…and while I haven’t been here since the beginning, I went back and read it all. Pathetic? Nah… I couldn’t help myself, it was like a good book… it had a story and a how-to element… so I feel like i have been here through it all, and yes, i knew about the star garland… and i think back {all the time} on your rental house (since we live in one) and feel better knowing that someone else in the world didn’t want to take their shoes off in their bathroom…

I love reading you blog, and this post made my day. I will be making some of your cinnamon honey butter… how long does it keep??

Have a great day, Darby. Thanks for everything you do that inspires me to be a better mother and homemaker!

• Comment by Brandi — December 4, 2009 @ 12:44 pm

Love this post. Too cute. I am going to attempt to make some of this. Looks easy enough, and those are the recipes that I like!! Thank you for your kindness to share with others. You touch so many lives. It’s amazing to me that your children’s schools close for heavy rain days! LOL…. My son’s wont’ close until a few inches of snow are on the ground at least. I do look forward to those days as well. Well deserved surprise time with the little ones. I hope your arm feels better soon.

• Comment by Amber — December 4, 2009 @ 12:55 pm

I love whenever you write these all-over-the-place posts. They always crack me up!
    I will definitely be making the butter.
    And I hope your arm feels better. I have gotten clumsier the older I get. I think most of my scars are from silly adult clumsiness – I can’t even tell a good “when I was a kid” story for any of them!

• Comment by Becky — December 4, 2009 @ 1:15 pm

Admit it – you just want us all to come over because you want an excuse to eat more of that honey butter!

Love your blog!

• Comment by Lindsay — December 4, 2009 @ 1:39 pm

I haven’t eaten a thing today and now have a growling stomach, but I am going to make some honey butter and fix that! Thanks for sharing!

• Comment by nicky — December 4, 2009 @ 1:56 pm

You are the cutest thing! I just love your blog! This recipe sounds so yummy – will definitely have to try it!
    Happy Holidays!

• Comment by Melise — December 4, 2009 @ 3:04 pm

Do tell how many cookies you ate! It’s sure to make me feel better for making Tollhouse cookies late last night and eating almost an entire bowl of cookie dough! Get off the stools lady! :0)

• Comment by Carolyn — December 4, 2009 @ 3:42 pm

I think I really quite like you, Darby. Can you please do more pictures with comments all over them? Cracking up. And I’m totally makin’ that butta. And really quite cute chevron tags!

• Comment by Sarah Hedgspeth Foster — December 4, 2009 @ 3:59 pm

Darby- this bruise totally reminds me of high school when we all faked bruises for tennis practice. I know I have pictures somewhere…I can’t even remember who, but someone ran into a planter at the mall, and we thought we should match. Nonetheless, thanks for facilitating that memory :)

• Comment by May — December 4, 2009 @ 4:30 pm

Mmmm, sounds amazing! In the last week Ive made 3 of your recipes and loved them all. I hadn’t done much real cooking since my daughter (a little junior rover) was born and I figured if you made those recipes with your kids around I should try it too :) Thanks for inspiring me!

• Comment by Tracy — December 4, 2009 @ 4:54 pm

Ok, so they cancel school for rain? Rain? Where oh where is this magic land you speak of? I teach Kindergarten at a Christian school in Houston … it snowed today and guess where I was? Two weeks before Christmas. 16 Kinderfriends. Snow. Oh. My. Goodness.

Must ask, can you please, please, please teach us how to make our pictures bigger on our blogs and how to make the FUN Happy Birthday banner? We are going to Israel in March and will be there with our girl as she turns 14 and my Mom turns muffle muffle muffle and I can’t pack a party in the suitcase, but I can pack a Happy Birthday banner.

I enjoy your blog so much. I giggle at your kiddos. Partly because mine was a scalliwag too (they will grow up WAY too fast!) and partly because kids just crack me up (there is a reason why I teach Kindergarten … mostly because it just amuses me!) I have learned a lot and been inspired to try somethings I would have thought were beyond me. Thanks for sharing your day with “strangers”!

• Comment by Kasey — December 4, 2009 @ 6:20 pm

Thanks for the recipe. That sounds so good.

• Comment by Devon — December 4, 2009 @ 8:14 pm

Done. Cinnamon butter whipped up this afternoon and enjoyed with a good friend on toasted homemade bread. A perfect treat for a Friday afternoon. Thanks Darby!!

• Comment by Lauren — December 4, 2009 @ 9:27 pm

Thank you for this great gift idea! I am planning to make it for my friends in my Bible study.
    You have the most wonderful and inspiring blog! Thank you for sharing your life and ideas with us!

Lauren
    Atlanta

• Comment by Tara — December 4, 2009 @ 9:30 pm

If I lived in Alabama I might just take you up on that offer! I’ll be sure to whip some of this up. Sounds amazing!

• Comment by lisa c — December 4, 2009 @ 9:58 pm

darby! that’s the only kind of paper i had as a kid…no coloring books allowed! i must’ve gone through a few of those boxes! it brought back happy memories to see it again.

• Comment by Erin — December 4, 2009 @ 11:11 pm

I was going to make Espresso Hot Fudge Sauce for my Christmas gifts; now my *favorite* people will be getting a jar of that PLUS the Cinnamon Honey Butter.

• Comment by angela — December 5, 2009 @ 7:27 am

Making your butter this weekend!

• Comment by Jennifer — December 5, 2009 @ 8:21 pm

I thought I was in Heaven with the Pumpkin Butter but now this….I can’t wait to it!

I love me some butter!

Thanks for sharing!

• Comment by Rebecca — December 5, 2009 @ 8:43 pm

Darby,

I just made the cinnamon honey butter! It is soooo delicious. My family and I were spooning it in our mouths! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

ps, I went to a grocery store that I don’t normally frequent and found Jane’s Crazy Salt! I was so excited to find it…I love to try all the things you do! (Do I sound like a total stalker or what?) Thanks, Darby!

• Comment by Louisa — December 5, 2009 @ 9:23 pm

Darby,
    Your post made me laugh out loud! What a bruise! Are you like me in that you bruise yourself with alarming regularity?! Sometimes I’m surprised when I notice the bruise because I don’t remember how it got there. I guess being uncoordinated has something to do with it….should have realized that when I skied into a vertical wooden pole at age 8.
    Anyway!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe for the honey butter – looks delicious! Love your blog! :)

• Comment by April — December 5, 2009 @ 10:04 pm

Darby,
    I love the butter!!! It made my toast taste like a cinnamon roll! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    I’ve never commented before, but Sarah Martin is a great friend of mine. I found your blog via Sarah’s, and I love reading about your sweet girls and cute little boy!
    Hope your arm is better:)

• Comment by mommasissy — December 6, 2009 @ 12:56 pm

I’m back bc I was thinking about the printer paper. It was more like circa 88-89, St.Charles basement, PrintShop, IBM computer the size of a small house. Remember!?

• Comment by Elaine — December 6, 2009 @ 5:12 pm

I just made the butter. I had some on an english muffin. I am having some more. YUM!

• Comment by Debra — December 7, 2009 @ 12:47 pm

Darby…love the recipe. Thanks for sharing. I’m making this year for neighbors and teachers. Also…how did you mount the door on the brick? I have a door just like that and never thought of making it my mantle.
    Thanks.
    Debra

• Comment by Tiffany — December 7, 2009 @ 1:18 pm

That cinnamon honey butter looks delicious and I LOVE those tags! Too, too cute! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

• Comment by Terri — December 7, 2009 @ 1:22 pm

I used to love to have fake sprains and Ace bandage them up, use fake glasses AND fake braces. I also wished for crutches. Until I broke my foot and really needed them a few years ago. Guess you should be careful what you wish for.

• Comment by Terri — December 7, 2009 @ 1:22 pm

By the way, that is one nasty bruise. Milk it for all its worth.

• Comment by Sarah — December 7, 2009 @ 2:46 pm

How do you stay so skinny??

• Comment by Gloria Chiras — December 7, 2009 @ 3:18 pm

My daughter, told me about your Blog last year and now it is a regular part of my day. I have now made 10 jars of the Honey, Cinnamon butter and have shared the recipe with two of my friends. I am keeping one of the jars for myself…can not help it.
    Thanks for sharing your life with us. Gloria, a 70m year old reaader.

• Comment by Laura — December 7, 2009 @ 4:49 pm

Yummy! Sounds like the perfect gift for friends this year! Can’t wait to try it. Thank you for all the great ideas!

• Comment by Jenny at LGN — December 8, 2009 @ 9:44 am

Darby,
    My last baby was a 10 pounder, so I’ve been trying to watch my sugar intake the last few weeks of this pregnancy especially, shooting for the 7-8 range.

Thanks to you and your unbelievable butter, I’m guessing this baby will be 12 pounds at least. Awesome.

Thanks for sharing and making my holiday treats a lot easier this year! Hope you don’t mind that I used one of your images on my blog?? I’ll be sure to ask next time.

Merry Christmas!
    jenny

• Comment by Christina — December 8, 2009 @ 10:00 am

I bet a lot of neighbors will now getting some honey butter for Christmas because of you. Can’t wait to make it.

Where did you get those tags is what I want to know/

Thanks & Happy Holiday!,

Christina

• Comment by Heather Ruth — December 8, 2009 @ 10:24 am

I am fairly new to following your blog (or really to blogs in general), and I just wanted to say thanks! Your blogs are always so helpful and uplifting. Thank you for being so God-centered, it’s an inspiration.

• Comment by Jennifer — December 8, 2009 @ 11:46 am

THANK YOU DARBY! The cinnamon honey butter is soooo good! I cut the cinnamon in half (for my husband) and it was incredible. I’ve already got some in the fridge to give out for Christmas. BTW, I love your blog!

• Comment by Jennifer — December 8, 2009 @ 11:47 am

I just read the comment, “How do you stay so skinny?” and I was wondering the same thing! You should tell us your secret!

• Comment by Melanie — December 8, 2009 @ 4:24 pm

I made the butter this morning along with biscuits from life on grace blog. I have had 5 already today! Oh my! I will need to hide this butter from myself!!!

• Comment by Laura — December 8, 2009 @ 9:51 pm

The pics of the girls painting made me smile. Looks like so much fun. I have to admit that I’m scared to make the butter though for fear that I’ll eat all of it myself! I probably will have to try it despite that…sounds delicious! ~L

• Comment by Sweet Simplicity — December 9, 2009 @ 9:08 am

I found you through Jenny Lynn@graham crackas. She posted about the delish butter. I’m going to be making this very soon! Thanks!

• Comment by Emily — December 9, 2009 @ 2:42 pm

I love the idea of the Cinnamon Honey Butter…How did you incorporate the fabric scrap?

• Comment by Jeniferr Cantrell — December 9, 2009 @ 3:38 pm

I found the 4 oz jars at a local ACE HARDWARE PTL! I looked high & low and did not want to pay shipping, sooooo…..off I go to a smaller town outside of my home here in Norman, Oklahoma. Maybe this will help someone who is also searching!

• Comment by Julie — December 9, 2009 @ 4:32 pm

Darby.. I have been reading your blog for a while… and I have to say… this Cinnamon Butter sounds delicious!!!! I am going to make it tonight for the fresh rolls I am making…Thanks so much!!

Julie

• Comment by rikshaw design — December 9, 2009 @ 8:09 pm

delish! just made some and blogged about it..
    see here
    thanks so much for such a sweet easy thing to do!

• Comment by cristin @ simplified bee — December 9, 2009 @ 10:24 pm

yummy!!! Your blog is darling. First time here.

xo,
    cristin

• Pingback by No one likes fruitcake | Holiday events, holiday shows, Christmas tree lots, and Santa, Richmond Virginia — December 11, 2009 @ 12:00 pm

[...] up, Cinnamon Honey Butter (YUM). I happened upon this recipe on a blog that I frequent, and have to pass it on straight from her site to you. Her pictures are [...]

• Comment by Lindsey — December 12, 2009 @ 12:19 pm

I LOVE the cinnamon honey butter idea! How clever, and in such pretty packaging! I am definitely planning to try it out this year. I just featured it in a post on my blog about DIY hostess gifts. Thanks for the great idea!

• Comment by Rachel D — December 12, 2009 @ 10:35 pm

Darby, my mom used to make that honey butter when we were kids & we made darling bear bread (bread that looked like a Teddy bear) and spread the honey butter on it, so yummy! That honey butter also makes delicious syrup for pancakes and waffles, just melt the butter completely. When I make it, I don’t measure, just put a little butter, honey, & cinnamon in a liquid measuring cup & microwave until butter is melted.

• Comment by Amy — December 13, 2009 @ 8:27 pm

My real life friend and blogging buddy, Jennifer, tried out your recipe today. YUMMY!! almost seems like an understatement. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Love your blog.

• Comment by Kaela — December 14, 2009 @ 1:05 pm

Hi Darby! Thanks for sharing this recipe! I linked up to it from my blog. This recipe made really cute daycare teacher and coworker gifts!

• Comment by Charlene — December 17, 2009 @ 12:50 am

I found you via Heather & wanted to thank you for sharing this yummy looking receipe. I love any thing cinnamon so this is right up my alley. Thanks again for sharing & have a Merry Christmas. Charlene

• Pingback by If this is wrong…I don’t wanna be right « It is Well…with my Soul — December 17, 2009 @ 10:56 am

[...] is wrong…I don’t wanna be right My blogger friend Laine Beth recently passed on this link which includes a yummy recipe for Cinnamon Honey Butter.  I raved at this woman’s [...]

• Comment by Violet — December 18, 2009 @ 10:48 am

Made it last night, found the recipe on Heather’s blog. It is so yummy and I’m excited to give it as gifts, it is just what I needed – something simple, easy, tasty and delightful to give, thank you for sharing the recipe!!! ~ I have a gift for everyone on my blog if you want to stop by! ~ Violet

• Comment by alissa — December 20, 2009 @ 8:45 pm

I made the cinnamon honey butter today – oh boy, it is sooooo good! Thanks so much for posting the recipie. I’m going to give them as gifts tomorrow at work (that is, if they make it that long in my fridge!). Yum!

• Pingback by More on Eggs « Emerging Domesticity — December 21, 2009 @ 12:09 am

[...] also found a really great recipe for some Cinnamon Honey Butter on another bloggers site: {Fly Through Our Window}. I haven’t tried it yet – but it looks like such a cute idea for an inexpensive [...]

• Comment by rachel — December 22, 2009 @ 8:59 am

just made the cinnamon honey butter! the first batch i used exactly what you recommended, but the second batch i cut out a little of the sugar – i think my honey was ultra-sweet! ( : THANKS! sending them out with the man for christmas gifts for his bosses.

• Comment by Saraj — December 31, 2009 @ 11:05 am

Hi!
    I love your Cinnamon Honey Butter recipe. I made some for Christmas gifts and I just included it on my blog with photos (and a link to your blog). I even designed my own tag. Thanks for sharing this!
    -Sarah

• Pingback by Interior Dream » Blog Archive » Holiday Randoms II — January 1, 2010 @ 10:24 am

[...] come empty handed so I made up these little jars of Cinnamon Honey Butter using a recipe I saw on Darby’s [...]

• Pingback by More food. « …just becca sue… — January 9, 2010 @ 5:07 pm

[...] butter recipe is from Fly Through Our Window (love her blog).  You can find it here.  I did half of what the recipe calls for.  A-MA-ZING!  And I’m not a butter person.  I [...]

• Pingback by Sunday Hiking & Bread-Making with Mom « Life Is Art Is Life — February 24, 2010 @ 7:26 am

[...] Gets Cozy is not the only blog that makes my mouth water. Oh, no. Darby over at Fly Through Our Window blogged about her fabulous Cinnamon Honey Butter almost three months ago and I have been [...]

• Comment by Clara — April 20, 2011 @ 10:15 am

After making cinnamon honey butter, how long can I store it in the cabinet in sealed jars

• Comment by Julie M. ~ The Little Red Shop — June 15, 2011 @ 7:14 pm

Ohhh!!!! Ouch!!! Sweet! Thank you, YUM!!

: )

Julie M.

• Comment by Rosemary Howell — August 17, 2011 @ 7:55 am

Love the recipe. I’m making pumpkin bread and can’t wait to try it with the butter.
    Please share what camara and lens your using; I’m redoing my pics for my website and need the wonderful clarity you have. Love your pictures!!!

Rosemary Howell

• Comment by Tina — September 6, 2011 @ 10:56 pm

I was just wondering how long the butter keep?

• Comment by Syd — September 19, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

Lovely recipe! Thanks! Your kids are ADORABLE.
    Emailed this link to my mum – I know she will love it!

- s

• Comment by April H — October 17, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

YUM!!!! I made the cinnamon honey butter today. I found it on Pinterest, and one of the comments said to half the amount of sugar and honey, so that is what I did and it is PERFECT! My kids adore “cinnamon toast” that I make with butter, cinnamon and sugar, so this reduces it all to one step for me. IF I decide to share it, that is :)
    Thanks again!

• Comment by April H — October 17, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

Also, for some above comments, I have a majority of it in a jar in the fridge. I have a small amount that I will leave at room temp, but I wouldn’t leave it at room temp for more than 3 days :) Hope this helps!

• Comment by Jenna — October 24, 2011 @ 3:34 pm

Goodness, I’ve been intending to make this for FOREVER and I’m just now getting around to it. Slathered it on some delicious, moist pumpkin bread my friend make for me – yum!!

• Comment by Janice — November 3, 2011 @ 11:10 pm

I just made the honey butter!!! SHEER PERFECTION!!!!!! TY!!!!!!!

• Comment by Jolene — November 17, 2011 @ 3:39 pm

You are adorable!!! Thanks for sharing and I’ll be making the butter this weekend.

• Comment by Danielle — November 25, 2011 @ 9:40 pm

Recipe is way good! Better than Texas Roadhouse!

• Comment by bethany — December 8, 2011 @ 8:50 pm

i made this and it tasted like honey. very gross.

• Comment by Kristina — December 11, 2011 @ 1:04 pm

Made this the other day! Loved it! So yummy!!!! Kids couldn’t stop eating…lol! I’m making more for Christmas gifts :) Bought the little mason jars the other day!
    *Thanks so much for sharing! *

• Comment by Renee — December 17, 2011 @ 10:57 pm

First I would like to say thank you for this awesome recipe.. I made it and took it to work and everybody loved it. My cousin wanted to know why her jar was so little and was very upset when her son ate the last bit she was going to eat for breakfast. So now I am going to make 8oz jars for the complainers, because they didnt want to share and now they can LOL.

• Comment by ashley — December 21, 2011 @ 11:47 am

this is SO good!!! i made some as a test this weekend and hubby and i have been eating it on everything. planning to make a big batch to give as xmas presents along with some fresh biscuits…wondering how long you think this will keep?

• Comment by Emilee — December 29, 2011 @ 9:25 pm

I just made this tonight after seeing it on pinterest earlier today! I am waiting for my homemade whole wheat to get out of the oven so I can taste it on bread … I already tried a small spoonful and it like Christmas morning in your mouth. Thank you so much for the recipe. I need to make more for all the ladies at work.

Thank you so much!!

• Comment by Kelly — January 3, 2012 @ 8:04 pm

I made this butter today and next time I will use less powedered sugar. It tasted good, but a bit too sweet. Would be awesome on fried dough. But for bread, way less powdered sugar. :) I LOOOOVE the stuff at Texas Road house!

• Comment by Susie Prince — January 11, 2012 @ 1:51 pm

Is there a way to process the Cinnamon Honey Butter so it will last a while? Can it be put in a pressure canner or boil bath, if so what pressure for the canner and how long for either method???

• Comment by Susie Prince — January 11, 2012 @ 1:53 pm

Can you tell me if the Cinnamon Honey Butter can be processed so it will last awhile? Can it be put in a pressure canner or a boil bath, if so what pressure for the canner or how long for either method

• Comment by jennifer — January 16, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

hi, i made this today ( it was sooo yummy) but it seemed to separate pretty bad if i stopped stirring for 2 min. Did i do something wrong or is that just the way it is?

• Comment by Lexy @ The Proper Pinwheel — January 26, 2012 @ 1:03 am

Holy smokes!!!! This looks and sounds so great! Thanks for sharing!

• Comment by Heidi — February 16, 2012 @ 3:11 pm

Hey there. This sounds good! How long will this keep in the fridge?

• Comment by Barbara — February 19, 2012 @ 3:32 pm

I sprained both ankles at home alone and my kids are married with kiddos…what excuse do I have other than too much wine?!!

• Comment by Alicia — February 26, 2012 @ 10:37 am

First of all, I halved the recipe and cut waaaay down on the honey (too much honey can be overpowering!) & it turned out to be delicious!!
    How I made it:
    -1 stick of butter, room temp.
    - 1/2 c. powdered sugar
    - 3 Tbsp. honey
    - 1 tsp. cinnamon

Whip until smooth with a mixer. I used the whisk attachment on my Kitchen Aid.

Yield: a little over 1 cup

• Comment by Megan — February 27, 2012 @ 2:23 pm

Thank you sooo much for posting this recipe! I just made it and it is DELICIUOUS!

• Comment by Becky — February 29, 2012 @ 9:46 pm

Can you say YUM??? Very delish! Thanks for sharing! :)

• Comment by how to save your marriage alone — March 4, 2012 @ 7:13 am

• Comment by Michael — April 8, 2012 @ 10:45 am

FAR FAR too much honey. I didn’t even use a full cup, and it was like a mouthful of honey with a slight hint of cinnamon. It didn’t even taste like butter to either of us. I don’t even think honey is necessary for this, but I’d have only used a teaspoon at most.

• Comment by alisha — May 2, 2012 @ 6:14 pm

Okay so WAY WAY WAY too much honey and cinnamon. I would really think about halving whats called. I had to add more butter just to make it palatable. Second the honey keeps separating from the rest of the mixture. I’m going to throw it in the fridge to see if it will harden up and then try mixing it again to see how it holds.

• Comment by Wendy D — May 19, 2012 @ 10:53 pm

hello, I just made this and #1.. Absolutely way too much honey. Way too much. I used MAYBE 2-3 TBSP. In the recipe it states 2 sticks of butter, do NOT substitute regular old crock pot butter. After scrapping the first batch I used the unsalted sweet cream butter (Great Value brand from Wal-Mart) and the 2-3 TBSP of honey and it turned out perfect!! Thank You so much for this recipe!!

• Comment by Amy Privott — May 30, 2012 @ 3:15 pm

I can’t wait to make the cinnamon honey butter! What a great idea for Christmas gifts for teachers. So much better than cheap scented candles or an ornament with their name on it. I love your website! You’re fun!!! :)

• Comment by Momuv3princesses — June 1, 2012 @ 6:39 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!!! I, too, cut back on the honey because my clan doesn’t like the actual taste of honey that much. I decreased it 1/4 c. Gives a honey taste but it isn’t overpowering at all. It really does taste like Texas Roadhouse butter! Awesome!!! Now I can save the $45 we spend going there and make this butter at home! Now I have to try the copycat biscuit recipe I found too! :)

• Comment by amanda — August 19, 2012 @ 10:25 pm

I cannot wait to make this. I love Texas roadhouse butter. Only question is do u know if u can freeze it an take out as u need it??

• Comment by Danielle — September 5, 2012 @ 1:43 pm

I work at txrh and that is not our butter recipe just sayin.

• Comment by aj — September 26, 2012 @ 11:52 pm

Hi. How long will this.butter keep once it hits the jar? In or out of fridge?

• Comment by Kathy — October 24, 2012 @ 3:15 pm

How long is the butter good for once its made. unopened and also open, I so want to make this for Christmas Present , just want to know how early I can make it I have 27 people to make this for .

• Comment by Shannon Smith — December 7, 2012 @ 9:13 am

i tried this and all i could taste was the honey. then when i refrigerated it, it turned into just a big hard glob. it wasn’t soft like butter anymore. any ideas? the honey taste was so strong, couldn’t taste anything else in it!

• Comment by Laura — December 12, 2012 @ 1:53 pm

What setting did you whip the honey butter at?

• Comment by Shannon Smith — December 12, 2012 @ 7:50 pm

I unfortunately can’t afford a Kitchen Aid, but I love to bake, so I just used a blender and a whisk.

• Comment by Judy — December 24, 2012 @ 9:23 pm

Thank you for this recipe. I enjoyed your comments also, funny and uplifting. What a bruise, and watch those biscuits.

• Comment by Brenda Beernink — February 4, 2013 @ 7:42 pm

Love the cinnamon butter! And so easy to make!

• Comment by Amanda — February 5, 2013 @ 3:38 pm

Don’t get me wrong, this recipe is delicious and easy! However, compared to the authentic Texas Road House butter, I think this calls for a little too much honey. Keep that in mind if you are expecting the same taste. I will cut mine down to 1/2 or 3/4 cup next time I make it. Plus, you get much more than you expect. If making for a small family, consider cutting the recipe in half to keep it fresh.

• Comment by Lyn — March 29, 2013 @ 9:14 am

Thank you ~ love, love, love this recipe!!! Found it on Pinterest. I am making more for family and friends. It’s perfect, thanks for sharing!

• Comment by Jen — April 8, 2014 @ 10:31 am

Just made the cinnamon honey butter for our sweet potatoes for dinner last night. It was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Thank you so much for sharing! I have tons leftover…I am storing it in a small mason jar and wonder how long it will stay fresh… ;)